Loading…. Get Ready!
Loading…. Get Ready!
The Rethymno International Tango Festival “A Los Amigos” was a lifetime dream come true. The vibrant tango community of Rethymno, but also the entire tango community of Crete, a place in the periphery of Greece and Europe, opened up in a big embrace and founded A LOS AMIGOS in 2013, an event that aims at maintaining the essence of Τango. The cast of A los Amigos has always been filled with artists who we respect a lot for their contribution in the growth of tango, but with whom also a close friendship has been established over the years. This festival was conceived as a true celebration of Tango & Friendship and it has been growing every year more and more thanks to the love of the people who visit it and the help of our volunteers and our sponsors. We just love what we do and we hope to welcome you, too, in our embrace and make you testimony of the magic around A LOS AMIGOS.
S. Galanaki & The Amigos Team
We welcome you to the new edition of A los Amigos & we thank you for being by our side all this time and for your trust to dive with us in this new experience.
A los Amigos is being modified to ensure safety and in order to comply with the current covid restrictions. For this reason we will be offering the following proposal for 2021:
– We can only host a very limited number of participants (max 100).
– Our maestros MARIANO CHICHO FRUMBOLI-JUANA SEPULVEDA and LOUKAS BALOKAS-GEORGIA PRISKOU will be offering workshops & seminars for the 3 days of the festival (14 classes in total).
– Registration will be possible for single dancers (subject to availability) and couples according to your level of dancing (2 levels: inter/advanced & advanced)
– There will be 3 packages offered: the INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED (7 workshops, tango show, all other activities), the ADVANCED (3 workshops, a 3-day seminar with C/J, a masterclass, tango show, all other activities) & the FULL PACK option with a great discount for all the activities of the festival. For those of you who want to take advantage of the FULL IMMERSION!
– A TANGO SHOW in an open air theatre featuring our maestros & invited guests.
– Photo exhibitions, video projections & round tables with our maestros will be the parallel activities during the festival.
– And of course, the beach and the beauties of our city will be at your feet!
– Covid protocols will be in use (vaccination certificate, 48-hour negative pcr test, IGG antibodies, self tests on the spot available)
In other words: we propose to you a very cosy & personal experience to return as smoothly as possible to normality. We will practically form 2 study groups of 25 (max!) lucky couples each, a unique chance to work closely with our maestros and come back to the new tango reality!
As you have noticed we cannot plan any milongas (yet). Dancing is currently prohibited in Greece by state law, so complying with the rules, we have only scheduled a tango show.
We offer you instead 3 days of intense studying with 2 of the world’s best maestros’ couples (MARIANO CHICHO FRUMBOLI-JUANA SEPULVEDA and LOUKAS BALOKAS-GEORGIA PRISKOU) & many parallel activities to enrich your Crete-tango-experience!
If in the meantime dancing is set free (we are confident about it), we will of course add the night & day milongas to our schedule, to make it even more worthwhile for you to join! At NO EXTRA COST for those registered!
– REGISTRATION will start on JULY 1st through our site www.a-los-amigos.com
– e-mail: email@example.com
– Tel +30 697 030 66 60 (Sofia)
– Our Address: Emm. Vernadou 12 – Rethemnon
For any doubts or questions concerning your registration and/or the festival, feel free to send us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +30 6970306660 (Sofia), Alternatively you can send us your inquiry by filling out the form aside.
Αll messages will be answered as soon as possible!
Join our Amigos Newsletter list and get our latest news, updates and more !!!
The A los Amigos Tango Festival of Crete is a non-profit event organised by the Association TangoCultural of Rethymno in cooperation with Dream Events Planning. Our aim is to promote the culture of Argentine Tango in Greece and to invite people with different origins to meet in our home town so that we can all share what we love most: our Tango!
Sofia Galanaki is the founder of the Association TangoCultural & the Festival. With an active career of more than 20 years in tango, she & her team put their souls into making this event unique for everyone who visits it!
Visit our webpage
A special weekend with special guests: Javier Rodriguez & Moira Castellano up close & personal. Join the Gods of Tango in a special intensive Seminar held in the mountains of Crete!
Tango & Relax!
Visit our Facebook page
A very intensive Seminar for Professionals & very advanced dancers, based on Chicho’s research, methodology & new findings. For those who want to take their tango a step forward. Event per invite only, send bio & applications to: email@example.com